Thursday, June 19, 2014

Adolphus AMES born 1810 in New York

Adolphus Ames


Spent at least 20 hours this week on Adolphus.

Still no leads to his ancestry in New York.

I looked at over 4000 Ames on Family Search. When you type in Adolphus Ames in the search field you get all the Adolphus' plus any Ames with the letter "A" in the name as an initial for first name, as A for a middle name, etc.  AMES is like looking for SMITH.

I spent more hours searching:
Ames
Imes
Eames
Amz
Amess
Ems
Ahms
Ahm
Asme
Amas
Amos
Aymes
Aims


Looked at many Ames Trees on Ancestry.com

Reviewed my Ames matches on Ancestry DNA and sent a message to everyone of them!


The Adolphus Ames in Jefferson NY was a different one and he ended up in Marquette Wisconsin.  He may be a nephew of my Adolphus.

I also looked at Daniel Ames as Adolphus Ames' first son was named Ira DANIEL Ames.

I could use some more suggestions on how to find him.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing found on Ancestry DNA. Contacted many people with Trees but No responses back. Guess it is time to take a break from researching this line.

    ReplyDelete